A Sway is a presentation tool that is great for introducing a topic or for sharing information to review a topic or dig deeper into a concept you are teaching. Sways can easily embed into Canvas so students are able to view the presentation right within your Canvas module. Embedding your Sway is a quick and easy process.
Once you have your Sway completed, you will need to copy the embed code so that it can be placed onto your Canvas page.
- Select the Share option in the upper right of the window.
- Be sure Anyone with a link is selected to keep students from having to log in to see the sway.
- Select Get embed code.
A new window will pop up with the embed code. Select Copy.
You are now ready to place the Sway into Canvas.
- Log into Canvas and go to the module and page you want the Sway to be embedded on.
- Select Edit to work with the page.
- In the options above the work window, find and select the Insert/edit media button from the editing options.
A Insert/edit media window will pop up.
- Select the Embed tab.
- Paste the embed code you copied for your Sway.
- Select OK.
Once you save your changes, your Sway should now display right within your Canvas page.