What is Edpuzzle?
Edpuzzle is a great program that allows you to embed questions into a video. There are already many videos that have been created with questions associated with them, but you can also create your own.
It is quite easy to search for pre-made videos, and it is just as easy to upload one of your videos and insert questions throughout.
How to Get Started
- Create an account & log in to Edpuzzle.
- Finding a Video
- On the top left of the home screen, use the search bar to find a topic you are looking for. Once you find a video, you can either: edit, watch or copy.
- Edit: you can crop the video, change the questions or add a voice over with instructions.
- Watch: you can preview the video to make sure it is appropriate for your lesson.
- Copy: Allows you to put the video in “My Content.”
- Create a class
- Along the top of the web page, click “My Classes.”
- On the left side of the page, click “Add New Class” and name the class.
- On the top left, click “Invite Students.”
- You will be given a code to give to the students along with the website for them to join.
- Assign a video
- Under “My Content” find the video you would like to assign.
- Check the box associated with the video and click “Assign.”
- Choose the class you would like to assign the video to and choose a due date (if you so desire).
NOTE: You can also create your own project by uploading a video and adding questions.
Need assistance? Contact your Digital Learning Coach or check out the Edpuzzle’s support site.
If you would like to see how other teachers are using Edpuzzle or would like the latest updates, check them out on Twitter here.
If you would like to share how you would like to use or have used Edpuzzle in your classroom, please share in the comments below.
Thanks to the LCISD Elementary DLC team for creating this resource.