What is Quizlet?
Teachers have been using Quizlet with students for quite some time. Quizlet LIVE, however – takes things to a whole new collaborative level. Quizlet Live is an engaging in-class game where students work in teams to correctly match terms and definitions. The first team to match all terms and definitions correctly in a row wins the game!
Any teacher with a free Quizlet account can start a game of Quizlet Live for their students!
In order to play a game of Quizlet Live in your class, you’ll need:
- A Quizlet account
- A study set with at least six unique term and definition pairs.
- Four or more students.
- A computer, tablet or smartphone for each student .
- A teacher-controlled device to project the instructions and leaderboard.
- 10 to 20 minutes of class time.
How it works
How to Get Started
- Create a Quizlet account & Log In.
- Choose a set of terms for your students to review, like this one! (TONS are already made – just enter your search criteria!)
- Tap the Live button, on the far right of the screen.
- Select Create Game & Let’s Play
- Students should then follow the directions on your screen to enter the game’s join code or scan the QR code displayed on your screen and enter their name.
- Wait for all of your students to join, then select Create game
- Quizlet will RANDOMLY assign all students to a team. To remove a student from the game, click on their name. If desired, invite your students to move so that they are sitting with their new teammates.
- Select Start game
Need assistance? Contact your Digital Learning Coach or check out the Quizlet Support Page.
If you would like to see how other teachers are using plickers or would like the latest updates, check them out on Twitter here.
If you would like to share how you would like to use or have used Quizlet Live in your classroom, please share in the comments below.
Thanks to the Elementary DLC team for creating this resource.